1. Portable DVD player (sanity saver and worth every cent).
2. Snacks & sippy cups (no mess foods and no leak cups).
3. The lap table: It holds paper and pencils securely and provides hours of entertainment (for Miss 2 anyway!). This is our new travel item. I bought it second hand for $10 (A 'Thomas' one) and it has a lovely soft base so it is comfortable for the lap. It has a zipped pencil case to each side and elastic which holds down paper. Brilliant!
4. A bag of small toys: We passed a new toy to Miss 9mths every ten minutes or so which helped entertain her (in between her naps).
5. A well thought out and well stocked nappy bag: I am talking panadol, nappies, change of clothes for everyone, towels, wipes, plastic bags, teething gel, spare dummies, blue books, extra everything is always best!