As I have mention before, Miss 2 is in need of speech therapy. It isn't a big deal as both Mr. Sunshine and myself needed speech therapy as children. And we talk beautifully now!
Last week at speech therapy the theme was Transport. So at home we have been looking and talking about transport trying to encourage Miss 2 to make sounds. Here is what I came up with to do at home:
1. I cut out car and truck pictures from magazines that someone thankfully gave me and we made collages each day while we talked about what we were doing.
2. When we were in town we stopped and talked about the other transport vehicles we saw. She was very interested. We saw a bus, a truck, a car, a van, a bike and a scooter.
3. We sung nursery rhymes such as 'The Wheels on the Bus'.
4. We read books to do with transport. Over and over and over again.
5. We looked around the house for anything to do with transport and talked about it.
6. When we were out and about in town we talked about the road and why transport vehicles use the road. We talked about road safety.
7. We used 'Cars' stickers this week for treats. I bought theses stickers from Big W for $6. This pack includes 300 stickers. Thought that wasn't a bad deal!
8. We also played with the cars, buses and trucks that we own.
What a fun week we had studying transport.
And we did get some correct sounds out of Miss 2 so yippee!
Anyone else had children who took awhile to get the talking thing happening?